Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Verizon

So, the phone number is secured, and I have Verizon to thank for that. But that's about it.

I'll put it out there - I don't like Verizon.

I've gone ahead with them for the shop because, honestly, I don't want to have to deal with two different phone service companies -- we use Verizon at home as well and have had terrible service from them since day one.

Here's the latest cause for dismay: I ordered the phone and internet service. Verizon then said that I would need to be at the shop on Friday to be there for the technicians between 8:30 and 11:30. No one shows up, so I call - get bounced around 2 departments and am then told that they have until 12:30 to show up. I say forget it (I had to pick up Sue Ann, Doug, Molly and Danna in the city) and reschedule for Tuesday - same window of time. Again, no one is showing up so I call the Hotline number they gave me to see where the technicians are on their route.

The nice (finally!) Customer Service rep apologizes and says that there was no need for me to be at the shop because the "turning on of the service" could be done from the central command center. You've got to be kidding me!

So there we have it. Jerked around by Verizon yet again. Let's hope the Internet connection setup they've just confirmed with me on June 4th actually happens.

No comments: