Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Bathroom

I hired Pete Hatchey, the guy who is also doing the demolition and drywall installation to work on the bathroom. He demo'ed it on Monday and it looks pretty rough. He's going to put in a drop ceiling and install the new toilet and vanity and retile the floor.

In trying to stay "green", I paid a little more for a toilet, the Pegasus "Cottage" that meets the EPA's WaterSense standards. It's a one-piece toilet that has a flush rating of 5 (the nice Kohler that I wanted only had a flush rating of 2.5). I purchased all of this at Home Depot for a very reasonable price.

Here's what it looks like:

For the vanity and sink, I chose this little number:
That, and the white (with black "dot") tile should give it a nice, clean and simple look. Bathrooms are often an overlooked space in retail shops, but you never know who might need to use it someday. The return on this investment might not be that great, but if word gets out that I have a "clean, nice or otherwise inviting" bathroom, so much the better.

No comments: