Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Vendors: Balthazar Bakery


What's not to love about Balthazar, the restaurant or bakery. Okay, besides waiting to get a table for brunch. Keith McNally is a genius and so it was a no brainer to go with Balthazar Bakery as my bread source.

A lot of people have suggested Rockland Bakery, which is excellent, but for cost/ordering purposes as well as keeping with my concept, I've decided to stick with Balthazar.

My sales rep. Chris, met me and my father-in-law today with two large bags of samples to check out, taste and discuss. Foccacias, ciabattas, baguettes (oh my).

I've already determined a few haves and have nots, and am excited to see other samples. I don't want to give away any secrets just yet, so I'll keep the types of bread I plan on using for sandwiches and to sell retail to myself for now.

Above is a fraction of the types of bread she brought for us today.

No comments: