Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Plumbing

The plumbing is coming along nicely. Hats off again to Brian Drewes and John for doing a really great job so far in getting my plumbing both up to code and up to brand new status.

This is the back left wall. The white tubes are vents and the red (hot) and blue (cold) tubes are the water lines. Copper tubing is so prohibitively expensive these days that it is rarely used anymore - I suppose for projects such as this. I'm sure high-end homes and the like will still go for copper, but not here, which is fine by me. The set on the left is for the handwash sink. The set to the right of that is for one faucet connection for the 3-compartment sink (corner variety). The next one over is for the bathroom sink and the last one on the right is for the other faucet for the 3-compartment sink.


Here's the bathroom again. Still looks lousy, but it's a work in progress. As you can see, plumbing has been installed in here as well. It's neat to see the blue and red tubes - reminds me of the Bodies exhibit - or any health text book that shows the direction of blood to/from the heart. Cool.
I'm lucky to have the basement space because otherwise, I'd have no room to have a laundry/janitorial sink upstairs, which both the Health Department and common sense tell me I need. Fortunately there is a little nook in the back of the basement that's right below the bathroom and sinks upstairs. Brian put in the hot water heater (since the shop didn't have one) and gave me a good deal on it because he'd already had one in the shop. Same for the handwash sink. Which is ideal. Jerry Crean and his guys will have to come in to add some more outlets to power up the hot water heater. It's a 15 gallon one that is just the right size for the space and for my daily needs.Here's another angle:


Here's a shot looking back toward the front of the shop, in the basement.

Lastly, here's my water meter. It's important to have one of these - otherwise, you could get overcharged by your landlord for water that isn't being used by you if there are multiple tenants in the building. And, in some cases, its a benefit. If you look closely, one of the tenants is getting free water (no meter). There are three water lines and only two meters. Hmmmm...


No comments: