Tuesday, May 20, 2008

American Express Plum Card

A while back I applied for the newest addition to the American Express card family, the Plum Card for small businesses. So far so good. I got an initial credit for more than $60K, which is interest-free as long as you pay within 2 months - which is a nice allotment of time because of the way my business is going to be structured. Alternatively, if I pay the balance within two weeks, I get 1% back on purchases made. Not bad I suppose, though my main benefit is the length of time I get to pay back the balance. If it offered a points-reward system, I'd be even happier. Because I'll need to travel on occasion to California for cheese festivals and stuff, I'll rely on points to help pay for the trips. So I've applied for another credit card that will help me in this regard. I suggest AMEX reconsider the points plan for their Plum card.


No comments: