Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Messages in Unexpected Places


Opening up a business and essentially flying without a net can drain one's energy. So today I made a little time to meet up with Joyce and did a tour of Darwin's Garden at the New York Botanical Garden. Joyce, for those not in the know, is my birthmother - who I met almost exactly a year ago for the first time. Afterwards, I went to get my haircut at Blackstones in the East Village. As I was walking back to the car, a drunk guy approached me and asked if I knew who or where the owners of these pedicab-like bicycles might be because he wanted to take one of them for a spin. I had no idea, but chatted the guy up a bit. Or rather, he chatted me up a bit. Then I took notice of the writing on the bikes: Become Your Dream, Live Your Dream, and things of that nature. A helpful reminder. I needed that. And so I got a good shot of this guy sitting in the passenger seat. These photos are from my cell phone, so don't expect much.

No comments: