Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Permits Pt. 1 (because Pt. 2 or more is inevitable I'm sure)

Permits - they're necessary to do anything just about anywhere and for a first-time business owner - the process is slightly daunting at first.


But my first round of permit-getting is done. I've submitted the electrical and plumbing specs, two copies of the architectual plans (and an isometric drawing from the plumber) this morning - signing my name as "agent" or contractor. I thank my electrician and plumber for turning around the paperwork overnight.


As for the demolition and sheetrocking, my contractor has already submitted his permit application and should get started on that soon.

But now it's a waiting game. I hope it doesn't take too long. I'd really like to get this shop open by mid to late June.

No comments: