Thursday, April 24, 2008

BusinessWeek Interview

I'm being filmed as I type this for a feature story on BusinessWeek TV about how businesses are using blogs to promote their businesses. The producer, Alex Cohen, is doing a story on how businesses are using blogs. I actually don't know what to write right now (so that's why I because the pressure of typing with a camera about a foot away from me is a bit daunting but...what can you do.

The show will air on ABC on an upcoming Sunday morning at 11:30am on a date to be determined. I'll be sure to post a link to the web archived version of the story.

For the photo shoot, I selected three cheeses that I will most likely, if not definitely, be serving at the shop. Specifically: Red Hawk from Cowgirl Creamery out in northern California (their distrubting operation, Tomales Bay Foods, is going to be one of my main cheese distributors - specializing in US-based artisanal cheeses from small producers), Constant Bliss from Jasper Hill Farms and a blue cheese from Blue Hill in Marion, Massachussetts.

I'm thrilled at the opportunity to get this media coverage - hopefully it will drive more people to the blog and, eventually, to the shop once its open...which is about 7 or 8 weeks away(?).

Up next, I have to go to the Borough Hall to get a life insurance document notorized so that I can finally close up the needed documents for my SBA loan. Once that's taken care of, I'll be on my way.

Oh, it looks like the Pizza place next door is starting to take shape. They've got the drywall up as well as the lighting and what not. Also some new equipment. I'm hoping they'll be interested in serving some specialty pizzas using cheese from my shop.

No comments: