Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Health Inspector/License

Tomorrow morning I'll be meeting with the Borough of Allendale's health inspector at my shop. It's scary to show someone - who's got your business in the balance - a beat up place that currently looks anything but a place to serve/sell food.

I'm sure it's all preliminary stuff like where the food prep area will be and that the requisite 3-compartment sink and handwash sink are in the right places. Also, the clean-up/janitorial sink will be in the basement - so she'll need to see that and the plans for where that will be set up (and the pump required to move the water upwards).

I'll probably need to bring my ServSafe Certificate with me. I earned that through my Culinary Management program at the Institute of Culinary Education (I.C.E) - and fortunately is valid for five years. I got it about two and a half years ago.

No comments: