Tuesday, April 15, 2008

About Me

Hi everyone,

My name is Michael Mahle and I'm the guy behind the soon-to-open Bondgård - Allendale Cheese Shop. I grew up in Allendale, first on Waibel Drive then over on Ethel Ave. where I made my way through the Allendale school system up until graduation at Northern Highlands in 1993.

After going out west for college (Northern Arizona University) I moved back home to start my career in public relations in Manhattan. I met the love of my life, Danna, another graduate of Highlands, and got married. We moved to Hawthorne and then Manhattan for several years.

While living in the city and working at the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, I took night classes at the Institute of Culinary Education (I.C.E), getting my degree in Culinary Management, earning my ServSafe Certificate and also participating in an internship at Murray's Cheese Shop on Bleecker Street where I got to learn much of what I know about cheese.

Soon after I.C.E, I began working at Zagat Survey as Manager of Corporate Communications. In promoting their guide books, I was able to meet several cheese shop owners and several other influential people in the related food and food service industry.

Danna and I purchased a home in Allendale and moved in April 2007. We're thrilled to be back home! And so with this experience and a love for all things cheese, I've decided to open up shop myself.

Now that you know a bit about me, I hope to learn some things about you. So please stop by when the shop opens its doors, or, in the mean time, participate in my polls or email me to let me know what you think about cheese, the idea of having a shop in Allendale that supports real farms (local, domestic and abroad) and other artisans of fine foods.

Thanks,

Michael Mahle
allendalecheeseshop@gmail.com

No comments: