Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Making it Happen: The Architect

The former tenants of 85 W. Allendale Avenue, a TV Repair Shop, left the place in a pretty tired condition. So I will need the help of some terrific craftsman to turn the shop into a great addition to the main street of Allendale. Making it Happen is a section that will spotlight the people I've hired to make the shop operational.

In order to get permits, and to give the contractors a sense of what my expectations are of the shop, I created a layman's draft of the floorplan - with elevations of each wall of the space.

While its helpful in planning what equipment I'll need, where certain things will be stored and the basic flow of business within the shop - I needed a professional architect to draw up legitimate plans.

Fortunately one of my landlords is an architect and was kind enough to draft me up 5 copies of plans. His name is Tom Ashbahian and does very good work. I can't thank him enough for his expediency in getting the plans done for me and being cool about the whole thing.

Tom Ashbahian
Architect, Engineer, Planner
39 Spring Street
Ramsey, NJ 07446
201-825-1220
tashbahian@verizon.net

No comments: