Saturday, June 14, 2008

Painting

I know my limitations and/or things I don't do well. Preparing taxes, electrical work, car issues, algebra equations and decorative painting all fit into that category. So I have professionals do them.

But over the years I've learned enough to at least understand what it is those professionals do. I still leave it to them, but participate where I can. Specifically in this case with painting.

My father-in-law is excellent at cutting - or doing trim work with paint. I am terrible at this - so fortunately he was on board to help out. And he did a truly fantastic job. I can use a roller fairly well so handled those duties.

Here's a step by step of our Friday and Saturday. I did the ceiling (ceiling white) on Friday. We worked the walls (Spumante - Benjamin Moore) in two shifts on Saturday, sandwiching in a visit from my birthmother Joyce and bringing her back to the city.

No comments: